Illinois Emergency Medicine Specialists, LLC (“we”, “our”, “us” and “Company”) operates the website located at iemsmd.com, and other related websites and mobile applications (collectively, the “Site”). This policy explains our privacy practices that apply to the Site.
Important Definitions. When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, we mean information about you that is personally identifiable to you, such as your contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, or telephone number), personally identifiable health or medical information (“Health Information”), and any other non-public information that is associated with such information (collectively, “Personal Information”). Personal Information does not include Publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated consumer information; information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data, and financial Information covered by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and implementing regulations.
Information We Collect. The Personal Information we collect or maintain may include:
- Your name, age, email address, username, password, and other registration information.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you are using, such as what Internet browser you use, the kind of computer or mobile device you use, and other information about how you use the Site.
- Other information you input into the Site or related services.
Uses of Personal Information. We may use Personal Information for the following purposes (subject to applicable legal restrictions):
- To provide you with information, products or services you request from us.
- To improve the services offered by performing quality reviews and similar activities.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us with Personal Information. For any other purpose for which you give us authorization.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Sharing of Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with third parties (subject to applicable legal restrictions) including:
- Our wholly owned subsidiaries and any medical groups affiliated with us.
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by law, regulation, subpoena, court order, legal process or government request.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect individual safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- Buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
Information We May Collect Via Technology. As you use the Site, certain information may be passively collected by Cookies, navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) and third-party tracking services, including:
- Site Activity Information. We may keep track of some of the actions you take on the Site, such as the content of searches you perform on the Site.
- Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Site from a computer or other device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times.
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Even though there are many benefits to using this Site, as with all electronic communications there are some risks such as (i) failure of hardware, software and/or Internet connections; we are not responsible for failures, distortions, delays, or other problems resulting from equipment configuration, connection, signal power, hardware, software or any equipment used to access the internet; and (ii) no guarantee that the confidentiality or security of electronic transmissions via the Internet can be assured due to potentially unsecure computers and links. This could result in your data becoming lost or intercepted during transmission. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information and to use good judgment before deciding to send information via the Internet. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. As a condition of accessing the Site, you are not permitted to share your password with anyone.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
A Special Note about Children and Minors. The Company does not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to access our Site or use the Services. If you are below the age of 18, you are not permitted to use this Site or the Services.
Other Applicable Law. If you are a resident of California, this following information and rights are provided to you as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Password Protected Areas. Any password-protected area of this Site may be subject to additional terms or agreements with us.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions regarding this policy, our privacy practices or otherwise need to contact us, please email us atsupportecp.net.
Advent Medical Center Bolingbrook
Advent Glen Oaks Medical Center
Advent Hinsdale Medical Center
Advent La Grange Medical Center
For Patient Billing Inquiries
Ventra Phone: (386) 267-5412
Pay your bill here:
For Administrative Questions, Please Contact
Sabrina Elahi, Practice Coordinator